Job posting: Law Librarian, Alberta Law Libraries (Calgary)
Are you a dynamic, innovative person with a passion for legal reference and research? If so, Alberta Law Libraries has an opening for a Law Librarian in Calgary.
As a Law Librarian, you will:
- Provide reference and research services primarily to the judiciary but also to members of the bar, law students, Alberta Justice employees and other stakeholders.
- Participate in the development and provision of outreach services.
- Provide tailored personal and group legal research and database instruction.
- Participate in collection development by recommending materials to be added or withdrawn from the collections.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have knowledge of library and information science principles, practices, procedures and trends.
- Be proficient in utilizing legal print and online databases.
- Demonstrate advanced research skills.
- Have experience creating training materials.
- Possess strong time management skills.
- Be described as energetic and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Have excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a customer-service orientation are essential.
Masters in Library and Information Studies (MLIS/MLS) from an ALA (American Library Association) accredited program is required. Law library experience/legal training is an asset but is not required. Law degree in lieu of experience may be considered.
$1,862.26 - $2,442.67 bi-weekly
This is an 80% part time position. Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security screening. This competition may be used to fill future permanent and temporary vacancies.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you apply online, please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one file. If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Loreen Klassen, Alberta Justice and Attorney General, AMEC Place, 2640, 801 6 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 3W2. Phone: (403) 355-4744 Fax: (403) 355-4747. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
October 14, 2011
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Loreen Klassen at Phone: (403) 355-4744 or e-mail: (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Team Lead, Calgary
Alberta Law Libraries
Suite 501-N, Calgary Courts Centre
601-5th St. SW