- September 20, 2016 - After Summer Social at the Vancouver Art Gallery Cafe
- October 25, 2016 - Substantive law seminar on the new Societies Act
Job posting: Law Library Technician, Alberta Law Libraries (Edmonton)
Job Title:Â Â Library TechnicianÂ
Job ID:Â 1010387
Full/Part Time:Â Â Part-TimeÂ
April 6, 2012
Law Library Technician
Information and Creative Technical Services 3
Alberta Justice and Attorney General
Are you a dynamic, innovative person with a passion for delivering the best client experience? If so, Alberta Law Libraries has an opening for a Law Library Technician wage position in Edmonton.
As a Law Library Technician, you will:
- Deliver circulation services, complete document delivery requests, facilitate inter-library loans, and provide legal and non-legal reference assistance using both print and electronic resources at the Departmental location serving Alberta Justice.
- Participate in the delivery of current awareness services to Alberta Law Libraries' clients.
- Provide assistance and guidance in the use of the libraries' collection, website, online catalogues and external databases.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Alberta Law Libraries' collections through a range of technical activities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have knowledge of library and information science principles, practices, procedures and trends.
- Be skilled in using automated library systems.
- Be detail-oriented.
- Be proficient in utilizing legal print and online databases.
- Possess strong time management skills.
- Be described as energetic and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Have excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a customer-service orientation are essential.
A two year Library Technician Diploma and at least 2 years of related experience is required. Law library experience would be considered an asset. Equivalencies will be considered.
$24.39 to $31.51 per hour
This is an 80% wage position for approximately 6 months. Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening. This competition may be used to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred (https://www.jobs.alberta.ca/). If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Megan Turcot, Alberta Justice and Attorney General, 1st Floor Bowker Building, 9833 109 Street, Edmonton, AB, T5K 2E8. Phone: (780) 644-2352 Fax: (780) 422-1330. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of their application. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file.
Please see the attached position description for a detailed list of the job responsibilities: https://www.jobs.alberta.ca/pprofile/pp1010387.htm
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Megan Turcot Phone: (780) 644-2352. We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.