- Tues, Aug, 19th - Brown-bag lunch discussion about natural resources law materials
Job Posting: Law Librarian, Alberta Law Libraries (Calgary)
Job title: Law Librarian (.90 FTE)
Job ID: 1018517
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
July 30, 2013
Program Services 3
Justice and Solicitor General
A challenging and rewarding position is available within Alberta Law Libraries.
About Alberta Law Libraries (ALL):
Alberta Law Libraries is a province-wide network of law libraries operating within Alberta Justice and Solicitor General (Alberta Justice), Court Services Division. Funded by the Government of Alberta, Law Society of Alberta and the Alberta Law Foundation, the libraries provide access to legal information resources and legal research services to the legal community (judiciary, lawyers, law students and Alberta Justice employees), other libraries and the public.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Calgary the successful candidate will:
- Provide reference and research services to members of the bar, law students, Alberta Justice employees, members of the public and other stakeholders.
- Participate in the development and provision of outreach services.
- Provide tailored personal and group legal research and database instruction sessions.
- Participate in collection development by ecommending materials to be added or withdrawn from the collections.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have knowledge of library and information science principles, practices, procedures and trends.
- Be proficient in utilizing legal print and online resources.
- Demonstrate advanced research skills.
- Have experience creating training materials.
- Possess strong time management skills.
- Be described as energetic and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Have excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Have a client-focused attitude, dedicated to delivering superior service in an open and innovative environment
Masters in Library and Information Studies (MLIS/MLS) from an ALA (American Library Association) accredited program is required. Law library experience/legal training is an asset but is not required. Law degree in lieu of experience may be considered.
$2,178.84 - $2,857.92
This is a part-time 0.9 - 1 year temporary salaried position. Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening. This competition may be used to fill current and future permanent and temporary vacancies.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you apply online, please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one file. If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Loreen Klassen, Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, AMEC Place, 2640, 801 6 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3W2. Phone: (403) 355-4744 Fax: (403) 355-4747. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
To learn more about the requirements of the job view the link below:
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants who apply online will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of their application. If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Loreen Klassen at Phone: (403) 355-4744 or e-mail: (firstname.lastname@example.org).