- Thur, Sep, 11th - September seminar - research on businesses and their markets
Content Services Librarian - Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (Montreal) - Maternity Leave Replacement
Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) is a pre-eminent full-service, national law firm focusing on business law, commercial litigation and intellectual property solutions for our clients. With more than 750 lawyers, intellectual property agents and other professionals in six Canadian cities, BLG assists clients with their legal needs, from major litigation to financing and patent registration. For further information, visit blg.com.
Under the direction of the National Library and Information Services Management Team, the primary duties of the position are to assist with the day to day operations of the new BLG portal and to coordinate portal content with web content on BLG website. This is a contractual position.
This position will provide the interface between portal content and the technology needed to support the objectives of both the portal and the website on the SharePoint 2013 platform. Thus, the position is based in our Montréal office.
Profile of employment
Working with the Portal Program Manager, the position’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in developing and maintaining current legal and business content services on both BLG portal and website;
- Provide content strategy and standards (type, frequency, refreshing, expiration, and archive);
- Coordinate content management processes;
- Manage metadata and legal taxonomy schemes;
- Classify and organize content with high re-use potential to facilitate collaborative access;
- Maintain web-based tools to facilitate the searching and retrieval of key legal information;
- Gather and report portal metrics;
- Serve as a resource for content owners.
Current Awareness Services
Working with the library manager responsible for current awareness services, this position’s responsibilities will be to:
- Assess how information is being distributed to professionals and how they wish to receive this information;
- Examine ways to develop and maintain customised filtered monitors and alerts for our professionals.
- Master Degree in Library and Information Science;
- Experience with intranets and web content management systems;
- Working knowledge with developing SharePoint 2013 applications a plus;
- Proven ability to work independently in an interdisciplinary team environment;
- Written and spoken bilingualism.
For more information on this position or to submit your résumé in confidence, please contact Sandra Charlebois at 514.954.2572 or at email@example.com before October 4, 2013.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.