Information on hiring an iSchool Co-op Student
Students learning the latest in library, information management, and archival fields can be an ideal fit for that special project or short-term vacancy you’ve been looking to fill.
The UBC Arts Co-op Program offers some of the brightest students for 4 or 8-month paid, full-time work terms from the iSchool@UBC, more formally known as the School of Library, Archival, and Information Studies (SLAIS).
Types of Jobs UBC iSchool Students Perform:
- Archives & Preservation of Information
- Records Management
- Library & Information Services
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Social Computing
- Information Systems Management
- Information Policy
- Information Analysis & Retrieval
4 Steps to Hiring:
- Post a job:Use our online recruitment tool.
- Review applications: We'll email you a package of applications that are a fit for your position.
- Interview students: Shortlist candidates and we'll coordinate your interview schedule with our students.
- Make an offer: Select a candidate and we'll assist with making the offer.
To assist you throughout the hiring process, we can help you draft job descriptions, determine salary, coordinate interviews, and make offers. We’ll also monitor student success during the co-op term.
Getting In Touch
We look forward to helping you hire education! Let us know how we can help.