Job posting: Website Manager, Courthouse Libraries BC (Vancouver)
Position: Website Manager (permanent, full-time)
Organization: Courthouse Libraries BC, Vancouver
Courthouse Libraries BC (CLBC) is currently searching for a Website Manager. We are looking for a team member who engages and collaborates with enthusiasm, is innovative and understands the value of sharing knowledge. We pride ourselves on these values.
The Website Manager reports to the Director, Knowledge Management. The primary focus of the Website Manager is to ensure our website continues to meet the changing needs of our end users and partner with cross-functional teams to develop our online community platform.
CLBC connects the legal community and the public in British Columbia with legal information and strives to equip our users with the skills needed to use legal information. Our website is one of the primary ways we create that access.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ensuring that our main external website continues to meet the needs of our end users
- Gathering requirements and conducting user research (analytics, surveys, search log analysis) for website
- Working closely with the Library Collection, Community Outreach and Client Services teams to help define and execute on client engagement objectives and goals
- Troubleshooting website errors and ensuring that issues are addressed by a process of continuous improvement
- Managing user accounts
- Managing projects and budgets for external website and intranet
- Managing contracts and the work of website developers and intranet software providers
- Developing and managing web procedures, tools and documentation
- Ensuring the intranet portal is optimized to meet staff collaboration and knowledge sharing needs
- Training all staff on using the intranet portal
- Advising the organization on the direction of IT infrastructure and related processes, procedures and guidelines
- Responding to requests for information and analysis by preparing reports for senior leadership
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, Computer Science/Information Technology, Business, Design or related area. MLIS or equivalent advanced degree an asset.
- Two to five years of experience managing and implementing websites, and experience in digital publishing, digital marketing, information technology, knowledge management and/or content management
- Strong understanding of UX, user-centered design, interface design, usability and graphics experience (e.g. Photoshop)
- Strong knowledge of web content strategies and experience with web CMS (e.g. Drupal)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate and collaborate effectively with all departments and at all levels, end users and project teams
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated excellent research, testing and analytical skills
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics (Google analytics)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to coordinate and facilitate activities with colleagues
- Understanding of top level business strategies and organizational structures
- Highly experienced with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate ‘Website Manager’ in the subject line. Your cover letter should describe how you meet the requirements of the position.
The deadline for applications is March 5, 2017.
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment in the courthouse library system you must be prepared to undergo a criminal records check.