Job posting: Client Services Librarian, Courthouse Libraries BC
Full-time, 5 days per week (hours will be split between both locations @ 75%/25%)
About Courthouse Libraries BC (CLBC)
CLBC is currently searching for a Client Services Librarian.
We are looking for a team member with a customer service focus to provide information services for clients of the library. The Client Services Librarian works out of our Vancouver and New Westminster locations and supports staff and clients across the province via phone and email.
We offer a dynamic and supportive workplace, where we value diversity and work-life balance. This position is a five-day per week position (35 hours per week).
CLBC connects the legal community and the public in British Columbia with legal information and strives to equip our clients with the skills needed to use this information.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assisting clients from the legal community and the public in finding and using legal information and tools, including:
- answering reference questions, and providing effective referrals
- supporting clients in finding and using information on public access computers as well as printed materials
- circulating materials using an automated circulation system
- taking and filling document delivery orders
- Contributing to maintaining the collection
- Providing orientations to the library and digital/print collections
- Working as part of a team to support training and outreach
- Working collaboratively to develop digital content
- Master of Library and Information Studies from an ALA accredited university
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both in person and online, as well as an understanding of plain language concepts
- Comfortable working as the only library employee in our New West location
- Ability to be flexible and work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to assist a diverse community in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to master information sources and new technologies quickly
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please indicate ‘Client Services Librarian’ in your email subject line.
Your cover letter should describe how you meet the requirements of the position. The deadline for applications is Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 8:00 a.m.
We thank all who apply and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment in the courthouse library system you must be prepared to undergo a criminal records check.