Job posting: Library Technician, Courthouse Libraries BC
Position Title: Library Technician (permanent, full-time, 5 days per week)
Organization: Courthouse Libraries BC
Location: Vancouver / New West, North Vancouver (@ 75%/25%)
About Courthouse Libraries BC (CLBC)
CLBC is currently searching for a Library Technician.
The Library Technician oversees all print acquisitions for CLBC’s 29 branch libraries. Comfortable with technology, the Library Technician also provides support for various software applications including the ILS, subscription databases and the CLBC website. This role will provide assistance and information to our library clients at the information desk, as required.
We offer a dynamic and supportive workplace, where we value diversity and work-life balance. This position is a five-day per week position (35 hours per week).
What You’ll Be Doing
- Works as part of the Library Collections team to manage the acquisition and processing of library materials
- Ensures all documentation is properly maintained in CLBC’s ILS according to the Financial Department’s accounting requirements
- Performs original and copy cataloguing, assigns MOYS’ call numbers, maintains bibliographic records and supports ongoing library catalogue maintenance
- Effectively uses the ILS to keep electronic records and invoices and investigates order discrepancies with vendors
- Provides assistance and information to library clients, acting as the first point of contact at the library’s information desk
- Provides support for CLBC intranet and website content creation
- Runs reports to gather statistics for key stakeholders as needed
- Oversees the physical condition of the collection, noting needed repairs, processing issues, and items for the bindery
- Creates documentation as required
- Works in New Westminster and North Vancouver locations when needed
What You’ll Need
- Library Technician Diploma from a recognized institution
- One year of experience in technical services
- Proven proficiency working with an integrated library system, CMS and intranet
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Skilled in cultivating excellent relationships with colleagues, vendors, clients and other agencies
- Knowledge of MARC, LC, MOYS and other cataloguing standards
- Advanced computer proficiency in the MS suite
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proven attention to detail
- Experience in law libraries an asset
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please indicate ‘Library Technician’ in your email subject line.
Your cover letter should describe how you meet the requirements of the position. The deadline for applications is April 19, 2017.
We thank all who apply and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment in the courthouse library system you must be prepared to undergo a criminal records check.