On Thursday, December 1st, Dom Bautista presented “Access to Justice: How law librarians can give back”. Dom covered how law librarians could use their expertise to help self-represented litigants as a part of the Amici Curiae pro-bono volunteer program.
Dom has agreed to share his speakers notes with VALL Members.
On Thursday, November 28th, Steve Matthews, founder of Stem Legal Web Enterprises, spoke to VALL about trends and opportunities for librarians in the digital realm. Many of you will be familiar with Stem Legal's work if you've browsed Catherine Best's newly redesigned site. Stem Legal worked with Catherine to complete this redesign.
At the VALL seminar, Steve used a power point presentation that he uploaded to SlideShare here. For those interested in the resources he mentioned, I have compiled a list of links:
- An example of publishing via app.
- Kindle Direct Publishing
Dave Macdonald has kindly agreed to share his slides from the joint workshop.
Click here: http://yupana.ca/presenting-your-business-case/
- Trustee at Vancouver Public Library Board
- Board Treasurer at Public Library InterLINK
- Adjunct professor at UBC - School of Library, Archival and Information Studies
- VALL Member and Speaker
- Adjunct Professor at Faculty of Law, University of British Columbia
- Director, Library & Information Services at Fasken Martineau DuMoulin
- VALL member and speaker
I've attached John-Paul Boyd's slides and four of his papers written about the new Family Law Act.
Please find attached Chief Justice Bauman's charts, from his presentation to VALL members: "Progress & Impact of the New Rules of Court."
(You will need to be logged in to the VALL website to view them.)Â